Goobi viewer Digest for September 2020
- Expansion of crowdsourcing campaigns
- Adjustments to the IIIF interfaces
After making changes, users may be prompted to confirm them again.
Alternatively, they must be confirmed at the next login.
- The default language always comes first
- The standard language is visually separated from the translations by colour and distance
- The order of the languages is fixed by the configuration file
faces-config.xmlof a theme
- The names of the languages are written out in full
- If the standard language is not filled in, it is not possible to switch to the translations
- When a language is fully translated, this is visually indicated by the colour of the tab
The screenshot above shows the completed standard language, a completed English translation and the Spanish translation is currently in progress.
In the backend there are further small adjustments. A new top bar has been added which offers various links for quick access. The community forum and the documentation are now as fast accessible as the frontend or the possibility to create a new CMS page. A language switch has been integrated into the backend and the option to log off has moved from the sidebar to the topbar on the top right.
If additional modules are installed, their version number is now listed on the dashboard in the version widget.
The backend has a new topbar and the version of installed modules is displayed on the dashboard
It is also possible to create an imprint as a CMS page and map it as a static page.
The reading lists can now also handle data records without images. Until now, the view at this point was very image-centred. If a reading list contains data records with and without images, the representatives are still displayed in the overview. In addition, a text is used to point out further works that do not contain images. If a reading list contains only data sets without pictures, the complete area is omitted.
The presentation of the individual records on the list has been adapted to the layout of the search result list.
In the advanced search, you can now also directly define a period for the search. For this purpose the attribute
range="true"must be set for the desired field in the configuration file. Afterwards two input fields are displayed in the user interface in which the start and end year can be entered
In the advanced search you can search directly for a period
In August we wrote about how to limit the PDF download to a percentage of the work per user session. Now it is also possible to control simultaneous access to works via an access license. For this purpose - analogous to the PDF functionality - a number must be indexed in the field
ACCESSCONDITION_CONCURRENTUSE. If this is the case, the Goobi viewer automatically recognises the value and offers the restriction in the backend.
If the quota for simultaneous display is exhausted, the user is notified.
Simultaneous access to a work can be controlled via access licences
If the maximum number of concurrent users is reached, access is denied
- The list of field names in which geocoordinates are indexed is no longer fixed but can be defined individually in the
config_viewer.xml. See also chapter 2.36 in the documentation.
- The Goobi viewer Indexer can now optionally write default values for grouped metadata if the configured XPATH expression does not return a value. See also chapter 3.7.5 in the documentation
- The version number of the crowdsourcing module has been adapted to the other components of the Goobi viewer.
The versions that must be entered in the
pom.xmlof the theme in order to get the functions described in this digest are:
The Goobi viewer Indexer has the version number 4.11.0.
The Goobi viewer Connector has the version number 4.11.0.
The Goobi viewer Crowdsourcing Module has the version number 4.11.0.